Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween tricks and treats

I have recently learned that both of my children suffer from a rare disorder called "Brad Rice Syndrome", or otherwise known as "I can't stand for my hands to get dirty syndrome". Don't be alarmed if you, or your children, have been in close contact with mine, it is NOT contageous and studies have shown it is a genetically inherited disease. Haley's case is very mild and selective; for example she is okay with covering not just her hands, but her entire body in paint( See photo at end of post). However, putting her hands into pumpkin guts is out of the question. Carson's case is far more severe. He cannot stand to have any medium(i.e. food, paint, glue,etc.,) on his hands, especially not pumpkin guts. So I tried to "trick" them into cleaning out their pumpkins with their hands, but to no avail. Haley ended up with a spoon, and Carson disappeared completely from the whole process. I think toy trains were much more interesting, and cleaner, than pumpkin carving.

You want me to put my hands in there?

Haley only appears to have her hand in the pumpkin. Trust me she isn't touching anything in that pumpkin. It is all part of the illusion of Halloween.


Next on the agenda was painting squash ghosts. This they both really liked, at least until Carson got some paint on his hands and decided maybe this project wasn't for him either.

So now for the "treats". We made sugar cookies and Carson stuck around for a while for this(although he asked me for "a wipe" about 50 times.)

P.S. Right now there is no known cure for "BRS (Brad Rice Syndrome) but as you can see with serious and persistant intervention progress can be made.

4 comments:

Em Russ said...

ha ha ha! Ok. That was so funny. I can't believe how much Carson has changed since the beach. I just want to kiss him he's so adorable. Even with his "BRS". And Tiffany... squash ghosts? Will you please remind me about that next year so that I can copy you. No matter what you say, you're such a good mom!! Man, I miss you guys!

Faith W said...

You know I am so loving that ghost gourd idea, must remember to copy you next year.

And, for the record that syndrome will come in handy someday, I'm sure. Better than the complete opposite like our little Ethan right now who fingerpainted with PB this afternoon and dumped a whole box of Kix on the floor for breakfast ... and ate it. Oh Yeah.

Em Russ said...

So I am replying to your comment by commenting on your blog (why don't I just email, I don't know.) Anyway, about that wedding picture you took of us... everytime I look at it I think, I hate (my real photographer) and I wish I had let Tiffany take all our pictures because I LOVE that picture. And, I loved that hairdo. As always, you're amazing! Miss you. I wish you were coming for our play-doh extravaganza. Wait until you see what we've got for invites. You're going to die! I'd call but then I'll never go to bed. (I should have just emailed you, this is LONG!!)

Marianne said...

Girl, what happened to you..... just wondering why you havent blogged, i hope everything is ok and your not freezing your jeebies too bad up there... :)