Thursday, October 25, 2007

Chudleigh's Apple Farm

A week ago, Monday, the kids and I went to Chudleigh's Apple Farm. I was introduced to Chudleigh's when I went a couple of years ago with my good friend, Faith, when she lived here in Toronto. Another good friend, Melissa, and her kids, Grace and Luke came with us this year. We were a little late in the season for picking apples; It was more like apple hunting than picking, but we had a great time anyway. There is a couple of big slides in a hay playground. You can also go through a hay maze, see the farm animals, go on hayride out to the orchard, play on big tractors or in the huge sand area, and pick pumpkins(there weren't many left, we kind of missed out on that too.) Here are a few pics of our little farm adventure!

Melissa with the kids(L to R) Carson, Grace, Luke, and Haley. Ready for the hayride to start!


Carson had way more fun picking the apples off the ground and throwing them than he did picking them from the trees Good thing, because there weren't really any apples in the trees anyway.

Haley found this big perfect apple and was so happy. Too bad she'd rather die than eat an apple, or any fruit for that matter.


What a bunch of ANIMALS!

Notice all the apples in the trees? Ummmmmmm, no.


I love these slides as much as the kids do. WEEEEEEEE!




I was sitting down watching while all the kids were having a hay fight, but it turns out that throwing hay all over me is much more fun.
This is me : "Carson. Grace. Look here. Smile. Haley look up here. Hey Luke, look buddy. Come on guys. No, Carson sit down. No, up here guys. Say 'I love pumpkins'." And as you can see they did everything I asked them to do. Right! This is what you get when you try to force 4 kids ages 5 and under to take a "cute" picture with the pumpkins at the end of a long day of playing. Not interested!

4 comments:

Em Russ said...

Ok. I haven't seen a picture of Carson since the beach I guess. He looks so much different. He totally looks like a little boy instead of a baby! Still cute though. And speaking of cute... love that picture of you in the hay! You are looking skinny, girl!

Melissa said...

I have to agree. The picture of you in the hay is sooo cute. Good times.

Melissa

Faith W said...

Ok, I am dying laughing from the pciture taking description. So true, isn't it? "Hey, look at mommy's funny face? Do you want some ice cream? Smile! Look over here! Do you want a time out?!"

Ok, now I am totally homesick for you guys. Looks like you had so much at Chudleigh's. I must dig up the picture I have of Haley and Michael in the same animal/barn photo prop. So precious.

And look at that hottie in the hay! Lookin' good!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.