Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Party for Jesus

A couple of weeks ago, Haley got her first invitation to a birthday party that will be held on Sunday. So we had the talk about what we do on Sunday and going to birthday parties is not something we do. So, tonight we were riding in the car and we had this conversation.

Haley: Mom, I saw Nikki's mom at school yesterday and I told her I can't come to her party.
Me: You did? What did you tell her?
Haley: I told her I couldn't come because I have to go to church on Sunday and learn about Jesus.
Me: Well, I am really proud of you. I know that was hard for you.
Haley: But, mom, I really want to go to that party.
Me: I know you do. But we don't go to birthday parties on sundays. We go to church, learn about Jesus, and do quiet activities at home with our family.
silence for a minute
Haley: Mom. I know! We could have a party for Jesus on sunday. That would be good wouldn't it.
Me: yeah maybe we could do that. But that is what Christmas is; It is celebrating Jesus' birthday.
Haley: Oh, well can we decorate with streamers? Do you have any Barbie streamers? And we can use them to decorate the Christmas tree for Jesus' party.

So I hope you all learned something here. It is okay to have a party on Sunday as long as it is for Jesus. Thanks, Haley

3 comments:

Marianne said...

ok that is so cute. did i mention i'm going thru a major 'i want a girl' thing right now. and that didn't help. :) she's sooooo stinkin cute.

Em Russ said...

ha ha ha! I can just hear her scratchy little voice getting excited about Barbie streamers. Man I love that little girl of yours! Sometimes (just sometimes) I even wish I could live in Canada, eh?!

Faith W said...

Oh, she is officially the cutest thing ever. What a good little girl, being able to grasp that concept at that age is not easy.

PS - Can I come to the Jesus party, tell Haley I'll bring Barbie balloons :).