Sunday, October 7, 2007

I'm trying to be like Jesus (kind of)

Tonight when we were putting Haley to bed I said "okay, are you ready to say your prayer?" She responded "yes, but I am just going to say it in my brain like mommy and Daddy do." And thus the habit of falling asleep while saying your prayers begins for Haley at the early age of 4.

Also, as many of you know, Haley struggles 'just a little' in the music category, both in remembering the tune and the lyrics to songs. So I was suprised to hear her this afternoon start to sing "I'm trying to be like Jesus" to her baby doll "Petito" while putting him down for a nap. It went something like this:

Haley: "I'm trying to be like Jesus." ( I, in the other room, am so proud. Then comes the next line.)
"but nothing happens"(in some made up tune, as is the rest of the "lullabye" that went something like :
"As the still small voice whispers, you're my baby, you're my baby"
"I'm trying to be like Jesus, you're my baby and you're going to sleep"
Ummm, yeah, can you tell we sing primary songs at home all the time. I am still so proud. At least she got some of it right.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

that is so cute. i could just see you around the corner of her room busting a gut. i bet she is so funny. WHAT A CUTE blOG!

Sonja said...

Hi, you don't know my but I was looking into who was looking at my site and happened upon an ex-mormon site that had posted parts of both of our newest blogs. We both wrote about music and our children. Anyway, I immediatly wrote and asked that my post be removed from his site and thought you might want to do the same. The web address is http://www.exmormon.org/boards/w-agora/download_thread.php?site=exmobb&bn=exmobb_recovery&thread=1221663755#N1221663755
And by the way - I thought your story was great - and genuine - and exactly the kind of mother I would want to be! So don't let this site bother you!