Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Birthday Girl

Last Tuesday I went to Haley's school to take treats for her class and spend a few minutes with her at her school. I don't get to go to her school that much, so it is always nice to see what she does while she is there. She really is loving it now and was thrilled to show me around and I was thrilled to oblige. No cute pics of any treats, they are very strict about anything homemade coming into the school. She has two kids in her class that have food allergies. So we just did prepackaged snack mix, cookies, and juice.

Her teacher Mrs. Walker is so great with the kids in so many ways! Instead of making everyone sit at the tahle with their snacks they got to have a picnic for the party. After we got to talking one day half way through the year, I figured out that she was LDS too. She is in a different stake, though. Small world! It's so nice to have that connection.



Although me coming to her class was a big deal, the highlight of her day was finally getting stand in front of the class for morning exercises to hold "Bertha" the Birthday bear while it sings "Happy Birthday to You" .

After school when while we were getting ready to go to the party, Brad had tulips delivered to Haley for her birthday. I love this little tradition he has started with her. She was ecstatic and it of course made her feel so special on her special day!

3 comments:

Marianne said...

I can't BELIEVE that brad still does the flower thing, dream-freakin-Y! man, no fair. that is so sweet. and i love how you combined the cupcakes with a 2nd kind. sooo cute.

SpaceyKasey said...

What a perfect birthday. (You've set the bar high, girl...Uh oh.)

I love to check our your blog. You make me laugh and Paris appreciates the updates I give him. (Not like he checks blogs himself, stinker.)

Anonymous said...

oh you know, preterm labor a few times which turned to lots of bed rest which sucked, with andrew i always has strepp throat and then bronchitis, pluresy (fluid in lining of lungs) which cracked some of my ribs and i'm sure i'm forgetting a few, then nicholas i guess i was a walking infection. no matter what they gave me i always had some kind of infection with him which either he had and gave to me or i had and gave to him and his lungs didn't develop because of it so when he was induced at 36 1/2 weeks for complications he had lungs of a 19 week baby. i'm leaving out a few but those are the majors. :) this one is sooo my last.