Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why you should get a flu shot..........

We did not get a flu shot this year. After a long sleepless night or two, 10 + loads of towels, sheets, pillows, blankets, and clothes, a trip to the dry cleaners, dehydrated ,starving kids, and lots of vomit and diarrhea, I am now rethinking that decision. This is how Haley spent the better part of 3 days last week in our bed. She could actually make it to the bathroom or in the bowl next to her..... Carson on the other hand, not quite so quick or accurate.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Get you flu shot and if you don't then you will need to stock up on thefollowing items..... Lysol(wipes and disinfectant spray), Tide, Febreze(air and fabric freshener) , and carpet cleaner.

12 comments:

Em Russ said...

we've had puking at our house too but lucky for Johnny the kids were good at getting it on him. I should have taken a picture!

Johnny said...

Thanks, Emily. I knew your sympathy seemed artificial. I like the action shot there, Tiffany. I feel a little guilty sometimes when I grab the camera to document something for the blog, when really I should be assisting my children or more often disciplining them.

Melissa said...

Tiffany, you put a picture of Carson's puke on your blog. Too funny. I can't wait to see Faith's comment. I believe I remember her being particularly sensitive to the sight and smell of vomit. I think I'm starting to smell it.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

yuck! i think next year i'm doing the flu shot too :) hope you guys feel better soon.

Faith W said...

SHUT-UP! Oh my gosh, there is absolutely NOTHING worse than the stomach flu. You know I am a social puker - must log off now - wish I could be there to buy you some popsicles!!!

Liz said...

I used to spank you kids if you didn't make it to the toilet or sink.

Tiffany said...

My mom is kidding

SpaceyKasey said...

You had me in stitches when I read this post. Girl, you are too funny!

Anonymous said...

Tiffany- Just checking on you! funny we just had the same thing happen it went thru the whole family in 10 days I was lucky not to get it but was the one cleaning it up and comforting... We were even on vacation at the time! Fun times! The doctor called it the Roda Virus! Love you

jen said...

I have no idea how to leave a message - it's Jen

jen said...

the one before the Jenifer one is my comment sorry I am BLOG retarted...this is my first comment ever!

Marianne said...

hey, i'm hoping i'll find out in a few weeks - at my 16th week check up. shoot i can't remember what else you asked me. just grab a neighbor and tell them your off your meds and are a little crazy and want to do a pencil test on them...... it would be funny :) let me know girl