Thursday, March 20, 2008

March Break Madness

Last week was March Break(A.K.A. Spring Break) here in Toronto. They don't call it Spring Break here for obvious reasons(see photos to follow). Nevertheless, the kids had a great time getting together with friends we don't get to see that often because of their work and school schedules. We had a busy, but great, week!

The week started with more snow play and there was tons of it due to a major storm that hit over the weekend. We got about about a foot and a half of snow(or something crazy like that) on top of a mountains of snow we already had. And I do mean mountains.



(L to R)Luke Blumell(Haley's boyfriend), Haley, Carson, and Grace Blumell. They had a playdate at our house on Tuesday which included a picnic on our living room floor as you can see by the blanket. We love them soooooo much! We also had a playdate with Haley's friends William and Lydia Closson on Wednesday. No pictures of that day though. Honestly we didn't see the kids that much, they played in the basement while their mom, Taunia, and I had our own fun catching up on each other's lives.


On Thursday we went ice skating with our good friend and one of the Young Women from the ward who lived with us for a couple of months at the end of last year named Kelly Lee. What can I say? Carson started to cry as soon as he saw the rink and kept saying "I scared. I wan go home." I should have listened to him. It was a lot like when I get them ready to go play in the snow...There was lost of crying, complaining, falling, and outfit adjusting. It took forever to get us all ready to get on the ice and then after about 2 minutes Carson was done and Haley soon followed(Although, after all of that I did not let her give up that easy.) Haley said "Maybe next year mom, I will want to try that again." I don't know if I want to, though. AARRGGHH! They had more fun watching the Zamboni! We hung out in the player's box and watched Kelly skate a few laps. At least she had fun.


The only picture I think we got of Haley actually standing up on the ice.




The only picture we got of her smiling.



Kelly imitating Carson's signature pout.


On Friday one of my good friends from church,Karen Laidlaw, came over with her daughter, Emily, so she and I could practice dcorating sugar cookies with Royal icing. As it turns out we definately needed the practice and one night was not enough. We laughed a lot at our own expense(and each other's) and were too tired to do much decorating by the time we actually got all of the cookies made.



There is a cookie under there somewhere.

7 comments:

Em Russ said...

Happy Spring huh! Gotta love Canada. I can't believe how big your kids are. They look adorable. I can just hear Haley's scratchy voice saying maybe she'll try again next year...

Bryan and Amanda Russ said...

Cute pictures, my kids would love to come visit and see some snow. They feel a little jealous of all the cousins who get to play in snow. I tell them that one day we will visit, but remind them how much we love being able to play outside and be close to Grandma and their cousins and that they hated snow when we lived in Utah. Your looking good T-Roll, all make-up and hair and body - you go girl! We can't wait to see you all!

Bryan and Amanda Russ said...

OH yeah and tell Brad Happy Birthday and Haley too because Their Aunt hasn't been up on the calls. Sorry, we do think of you but I don't get around to much more than a fleeting thought at random times.

Bryan and Amanda Russ said...

Oh yeah, what a stupid blog. kidding. My favorite Canada joke was a billboard I saw that said, "CANADA! Number 1 at being north of the United States!"

Melissa said...

I love the comment (bryan and amanda) about snow "jealousy." Little does she know our kids don't really get to play in the snow. We just look at it from inside the house. HAA. March break looked like so much fun, and then the puking started....

Love ya,

Melissa

SpaceyKasey said...

Sounds fun. I am so impressed that you can orchestrate Spring Break INDOORS. You go girl.

(The parts about the ice skating had me in stiches.)

Faith W said...

I LOVED the picture of Luke and Grace with Haley and Carson, my heart jumped.