Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Where's me Lucky Charms?

The elusive Leprechaun has again evaded capture. After seeking the expertise and advice of my sister Amy(who has been making Leprechaun traps with her elementary students for years), Haley and I created an elaborate trap designed to catch a Leprechaun once and for all. Or so we thought. We were successful in catching one, but he somehow managed to escape.

We lured him to the trap with what else but.........Lucky Charms! He only ate the marshmellows, though. Turns out he stole our whole box of Lucky Charms after ransacking our kitchen looking for them. Who ever said Leprechauns are only after gold? In his hurry to escape, though, he actually left behind some of his gold and some green Leprechaun candy much to Haley's delight.


Before leaving a trail of footprints out our back door, he left us another present in our potty. Leprechaun pee! Nice.

Maybe next year he won't be so "lucky"!

5 comments:

Em Russ said...

that's hilarious! You guys are so funny. I love Haley's little smile when she's holding the candy! Totally cute.

Johnny said...

Emily wanted to set Leprechaun traps at our house, but I said I thought it would scare Lila if we said we were trying to trap little men in the house. I didn't know about the pee though. If Emily told me about that I would have been sold.

Melissa said...

I love it, Tiffany. LOVE it. Haley brought some of her gold to our house in her pocket and was telling Luke about it. His reply was, "I don't believe in Leprechauns." I'll have to see if I can convince him next year...

Melissa

Anonymous said...

ok that is THE cutest thing ever, as usual :) i love the idea of catching the leperchaun (sp?) so cute. you are such a FUN mom!

Faith W said...

Ok, SOOOO cute. I love St. Patty's Day, and you made it so memorable. Once again, you are amazing.