Tuesday, March 4, 2008

If I had one wish then it would be.......

A Happy, Happy birthday to Haley!

Last week, on February 26, we celebrated the amazing day five years ago when Haley was born into our family! I held it at an indoor playground and invited her friends from church and our neighbors(neighbours-for my Canadian friends). An indoor playground, for those of you who don't live in subarctic temperatures, is just what it sounds like; it is a glorified McDonalds playlandso of course the kids loved it. I did this to make this party stress free for me, but I decided if you are like me nothing is stress free. I also came to the conclusion that throwing a party is a lot like renovating; everything takes way longer and costs way more than you think it will, but totally worth it in the end(i.e. the butterfly cupcakes shown later in the post). We missed our good friends (and Haley's boyfriend), Luke, Grace and their mom, Melissa who was sick and couldn't make it. 9 of Haley's other friends did come though, and the party turned out really great! Here is some of the fun captured in pictures.

Carson as he landed at the bottome of one of the slides from the picture above
they had a moonwalk and my neighbor, Linda, and I were playing on it after most of the kids had left. So much fun! This is Haley and I waiting to slide down with her!



Melissa, the dessert decorator and some butterfly sprinkles saved the day when I started running out of time, patience, and whole pretzels while making the butterfly cupcakes. I love it so much. Thank you!
Here they are.........the butterfly cupcakes. I emailed some of my family and friends a few days before the party for any ideas they had for cute butterfly cupcakes. Almost all of them responded immediately, and this is one of the links my amazing friend Faith sent me. Thanks girls for all of the great ideas, it was hard to choose with so many cute ones. This came from a website that I am now in love with called http://www.brightideas.com/. The actual link to this particular cupcake is http://www.brightideas.com/birthdays/themes/butterfly/cakestreats/ . Mine didn't turn out like the picture, but close enough and still got rave reviews!


Make a wish!


Here is Carson sucking all of the icing off of who knows what number cupcakefor the night

And this is him feeling sick a little bit later. Could it be all the junk he'd eaten?? Notice all of the frosting still around his mouth. Hey that's what parties are for!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

girl, what a cute party. i love the cupcakes. sooo cute. and i can't even believe how big the kids have gotten. and sooooo stinking adorable. I'm sorry to hear about the accident. i'm so glad you are ok.

Bryan and Amanda Russ said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I can not believe she is really 5 and they are all growing up so fast. It seems just yesterday they were all screaming babies at the beach. I remember when she was born...oh, well. The party looks like a great success and I love the butterfly cup"cake". I have to show Makayla.

Melissa said...

Hello, it's your long-lost friend resurfacing from the land of "The Dead." James Joyce says, "Hello," by the way, and I'll tell you how Emily Bronte's doing if I'm still alive after my week with her. Enough about me - loved the cupcakes. So cute. There's not a chance I'm showing Grace and Luke the party pics - when they see what they missed I'll be in too much trouble. So sad we weren't there.

Melissa

Faith W said...

Tiffany,

Ok, another legendary birthday for Haley, everything is SO cute. You are amazing. I so wish we could have been there to give her a big birthday hug. I can't believe how fast she is growing. And that is the sweetest father-daughter tradition ever. A big gold star for Brad too.

I missed you guys so much looking at these pictures!!!